COHSASA’s series of practical workshops this year has been proving to be very popular and well attended. There are a few more slots left in 2015 so book early to avoid being disappointed.
The September workshop on Quality Improvement from September 29 to October 1 will be held at the COHSASA head office in Pinelands, Cape Town, South Africa. It will focus on improving the care pathway for patients and improving the delivery of safe and quality healthcare by facilities.
The three-day training course will include, among others, the following topics:
Day 1 General Quality Principles and Tools
- Introduction to and History of Quality Management
- Healthcare Quality Today
- System and organisational aspects of quality and safety
- A spectrum of approaches and methods to Quality Improvement: people, materials and methods
- Quality Improvement Models
- Quality Improvement Tools and Techniques
- Collecting, presenting and analysing data and information
Day 2 Risk Management
- Monitoring and reporting systems to measure and reduce risk and improve quality
- Risk Assessment principles and methodology
- Incident reporting and adverse event management
- Clinical indicators and clinical audits
Day 3 Root Cause Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis- a quality improvement essential tool.
The workshops will provide attendees with the knowledge, the tools and the templates to implement various quality improvement projects and processes in their health institutions. They will be from 8.30am to 4 pm daily.
Cost: R3000 (Exc. VAT) per delegate for the Quality Improvement Workshop. Delegates will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 14 2015
PAYMENT DEADLINE: September 18 2015
Registration and payment: email@example.com
Telephone: 021 531 4225
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Upcoming workshop topics:
Healthcare Organisational Risk Management
Infection Control Risk Assessment
Adverse Incident Reporting
Medical Equipment Maintenance