Due to numerous and ongoing requests COHSASA will run a number of skills development workshops in 2015 on a variety of topics. The individual workshops will cover different topics including:
- Quality Improvement
- Healthcare Organisational Risk Management
- Infection Control Risk Assessment
- Emergency Preparedness
- Root Cause Analysis
- Adverse Incident Reporting
- Clinical Audit
- Medication Errors
- Morbidity-Mortality Investigations
- Medical Equipment Maintenance
The first workshop on Quality improvement in April (from 8.30am to 4 pm each day) will include the following topics (this is a broad outline):
1. Introduction to and history of Quality management
2. Healthcare quality today
3. System and organisational aspects of quality and safety
4.A spectrum of approaches to Quality improvement: people,materials and methods
5. Quality improvement models
6. Quality improvement tools and techniques – collecting, presenting and analysing data and information
Root Cause Analysis
Monitoring and improving clinical quality using clinical indicators and clinical audits.
The workshops will provide attendees with the knowledge and specific tools to implement the various projects and processes in their health institutions.
The first workshop on Quality Improvement will take place from the 22nd to the 24th April 2015 at the COHSASA head office in Pinelands, Cape Town.
Cost: R3000 per delegate for the Quality Improvement Workshop (excluding VAT). Delegates will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs.
Registration and payment: email@example.com
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2015
PAYMENT DEADLINE: April 7, 2015
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org